The International Women’s Forum (IWF) is introducing new data policies and practices meant to strengthen your rights when your personal data is being processed. We are doing this effective 25 May 2018 as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), comes into force because we are committed to complying with data protection regulations.
IWF provides members of our global community and all our users with a number of important assurances.
1. We will keep your data within IWF and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law (e.g. government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
2. IWF has and will maintain technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your data. Some of our trusted third parties may need to transfer personal data overseas. We ensure your data remains protected and secure when being transferred.
3. IWF will process your data only for legitimate purposes (i.e to provide and improve our programs and services).
4. IWF will follow your instructions regarding storage and processing of your data. More importantly, you can withdraw your consent to receive communications from IWF.
5. You have the right to request that IWF erases your personal data, especially if the personal data is no longer necessary for the original purpose of processing your information.
6. In the event of a security incident, IWF will notify you without delay after becoming aware of the incident and next steps to protect your data.
( 25 May 2018 )
• We collect information about you only when you provide it voluntarily.
• We use the collected information only for the purposes for which you provided it.
• We never share the information you provide to third parties without your approval.
• We do not sell or rent email or mailing lists to third parties.
Types and Methods of Information Collection
The International Women’s Forum and Leadership Foundation may collect your personal information, such as your name, title, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, or your company’s name in connection with your:
• Online roster listing with access to IWF members only
• Conference registration
• Conference evaluation form(s)
• Email sent via the Center’s website
• Donation to Leadership Foundation
• Contact Us page
• IWF Blog
Sharing Your Information
We will not share your contact information with other organizations for commercial or solicitation purposes.
No transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and when you provide your information to us over the Internet, you do so at your own risk. We store all collected electronic data in a password-protected database. We maintain our own email and mailing lists. High-grade encryption is used to protect your credit card information.
Correction and Updating of Your Information
The International Women’s Forum and Leadership Foundation allow you to review, correct, or delete your information in or from our database via the Online Roster. If you wish to review or have questions regarding your information, please email us at [email protected], or call 202.387.1010 and ask for our database administrator.